I've recently come across some very unique traits members of the veterinary industry can have that others do not posses.
You Know You're a Vet Tech When...
1. You can play connect the dots with all your scars, scratches and puncture wounds
2. You have cat hair all over your car, but you don't own a cat.
3. You look at a cardboard box and recognize its coffin potential
4. You've treated a wound on yourself with surgical scrub and vet wrap
5. Your own pets think you've cheated on them every time you come home from work.
6. You no longer have a gag reflex (well almost)
7. You can smell parvo from 200 paces
8. Your work clothes look just like your pyjamas
9. You find a hair in your food, pull it out, and keep eating.
10. You cough up hairballs
It is amazing how a person can change and adapt to their surrounding. There are a few things on this list (well maybe most) that do apply to me, but that would never had applied, in fact some would have grossed me right out, before I became a Vet Tech.
Thanks for reading,